Please note that the changelog below applies to both Windows and Linux versions.
5 Nov 2018
- Common Linux: Fix dependencies of libpng12 and libjpeg62.
- Command Line API: Add missing description of parameter msb_split --dir (specify another directory for the split output files).
22 June 2017
- Command Line API: The new msb_trigger tool adds the ability to trigger a record by specific conditions.
- DataView: The search mechanis now supports 9-bit values. This is especially important when analyzing 9-bit protocols like MDB/IPC.
4 May 2017
- ProtocolView: A new linestates module provides support for protocols using line states as a frame delimiter. E.g. protocols using the change of RTS/CTS to specify the start/end of a telegram frame.
- ProtocolView: The event modul returns the line states as an inverted value - fixed!
- EventView: Only Linux! The EventView doesn't react anymore when the LevelFinder finds a specified line alternation - fixed!
22 March 2017
- Command Line API: msb_record - Add missing parameter to switch on logic mode.
9 March 2017
- ProtocolView: New protocol templates and example projects for Allen Bradley DF-1, SAE-J1587 and SAE-J1922. Including checksum validation.
- ProtocolView: New Modbus-RTU/ASCII protocol template with improved request/response detection (both, normal tapping and segment mode).
- ProtocolView: A marked event (returning MARKED) results in a wrong split when the data direction changes. This only occurred in rare cases and is fixed!
- SwitchEditor: Better information handling of the remaining trials.
- SwitchEditor: Add a log window reporting the current action.
- SwitchEditor: Improved undo/redo, a new veto dialog warns about unsaved changes in the current circuit.
- SwitchEditor: Minor bugfixes (reset internal switch circuit to 1:1 line forwarding at program start, show modified circuit state in window frame and more).
- Command Line API: Fix not working DATETIME_SUFFIX in config file.
- Command Line API: Fix bug in individual date/time format specifier in msb_format. (According example in manual didn't work - solved!)
- Command Line API: Add missing description for date/time format specifier %x and %X in the manual. Also added: A hint about using the date/time specifiers in Windows batch files.
3 February 2017
- DataView: The progress bar in the find dialog sometimes displayed a wrong state according to the actual find/search position - fixed!
17 January 2017
- ProtocolView: A return state of STARTED+COMPLETED doesn't include a stored MARKED position. This becomes especially important when detecting two byte sequences like DLE ACK or DLE NAK as used in Allen Bradley DF1 protocols - solved!
- ProtocolView: The event function IsBreak did return a wrong false condition - fixed!
- ProtocolView: The telegram duration in idle time based protocols like Modbus RTU was miscalculated - fixed!
18 October 2016
- General: Fix event timestamp overrun after 407 days. (This bug only occurs when recording for more than 407 days!)
- ProtocolView: Fix wrong displayed telegram duration for time based protocols like Modbus RTU causing also a wrong displayed time distance to the former telegram.
- SwitchEditor: Only Linux! Invers color view of selection area - fixed!
25 July 2016
- General: Fix 'Memory mapped file' error caused by non ASCII characters in user account name (e.g. Umlaute).
- General: Fix not correctly set AUX IO pull-up in the MSB-RS485 settings dialog.
- General: Installation under Windows as a normal user doesn't add the installation directory to PATH - fixed!
- General: Program path wasn't add to the PATH environment variable under Linux - corrected!
- Control Program: Parameter -e forces a clear new session.
- ProtocolView: Add new function IsBreak() to check if a byte is a real break.
- ProtocolView: A returning result of STARTED+MARKED wasn't correctly handled - fixed!
- EventView: Display number of selected events or events between timemarker and cursor position in statusbar.
19 February 2016
- ProtocolView: Correct wrong calculated byte pause (i.e. in Modbus-RTU template) caused by last bugfix in 4.3.4.
5 January 2016
- ProtocolView: Fix wrong calculated byte pause (always calculated with 8 data bits).
- ProtocolView: Add new telegram:datatime function to query the timestamp of any byte in between a telegram sequence.
- DataView: Better default values in the search dialog for delays and time gaps.
10 December 2015
- Regions: Defined regions were not stored in the record file and were lost when reloading a record/project file - fixed!
- General: Missing views after reloading a project - solved!
- General: Temporary files were not always removed properly when closing the session - fixed!
- General: Improved code for smaller size and increased speed.
- General: Add missing German translations.
- Control Program: The protocol scan dialog issues a missing image handler (4.3.2) - fixed!
30 October 2015
- General: Reduced size and increased startup speed of all executables by removing unnecessary code and libraries.
- General: Add missing German translations.
- ProtocolView: Doesn't always show the last telegram in autoscroll mode - fixed!
6 October 2015
- ProtocolView: Correct faulty export dialog file extension handling. Remember the last selected file.
- ProtocolView: Fix bug in Modbus RTU and Modbus ASCII templates (wrong display of Write Multiple Coils function).
- Control Program: An already made record could be stored with different settings afterwards. This is fixed!
- Control Program: A modificated offline parameter let you preset the analyzer type (MSB-RS232 or MSB-RS485) in offline mode.
- Store the type of the recording device (analyzer type) in the record file (this was missed).
31 July 2015
- SwitchEditor: A new Expert data injection mode let you specify certain time delays between two consecutive bytes of a telegram. This becomes important when simulating errors with time ctritical protocols like Modbus RTU and Profibus.
- SwitchEditor: The analyzer stops working after injecting a certain data sequence and the analyzer box has to reconnected - this was solved!
- SwitchEditor: The tapping of the signal lines doens't always operate like selected in the settings dialog - solved!
- SwitchEditor: Better documented and partly rewritten schematic examples.
3 July 2015
- ProtocolView: Improved templates for 3964, 3964R and USS. New protocol support of SMA-NET transmissions.
- ProtocolView: New telegram export types: The Latex export let you easily insert a single or a range of telegrams in your latex documentation with all color information as a tabular environment. An additional special text export comes into handy when you have to document a communication in raw text applications or when you need an easier way to process telegram data compared to the CSV export.
- ProtocolView: Memorize last settings in export dialog (selected telegram fields and export file name).
- ProtocolView: Export dialog with switches to exclude empty and/or incomplete telegrams from export.
- SwitchEditor: Improved element selection via mouse (span region).
- SwitchEditor: Fix wrong drawing mode after loading a new schematic.
- Manuals: Minor bug fixes and description of new functionalities.
- Manuals: Using the default PDF viewer under Linux (Evince, Okular) if available when opening the help within the program.
26 February 2015
- ProtocolView: A new record.buswiring() function let you query the currently used bus wiring (MSB-RS485) in protocol templates.
- ProtocolView: Improved protocol templates for 3964R and USS.
- Command Line API: Suppress creation of empty file copies when splitting records in time intervals in conjunction with a date/time file naming.
- Command Line API: Fix missing prefix when using a date/time file naming for the splitting files.
5 December 2014
- ProtocolView: New support of BACnet protocol including an internal BACnet checksum module.
- ProtocolView: New ability to fold/expand single code blocks in the protocol template editor. I.e. to fold every functions into a single line to improve the navigation through large templates.
- ProtocolView: A random telegram access replaces the former and limited access to only the current and previous telegram. It's now possible to iterate through all prior received telegrams and evaluate their content.
- ProtocolView: The Lua bpack/bunpack function replaces the hex module and provides a far more convenient conversion of any byte sequence into a specific number format.
- ProtocolView: A new telegram and string dump function let you display the telegram or any string content as a list of hex/dec values.
- ProtocolView: A new base16 module provides an easy handling of telegram data coded in a base16 (Hex ASCII) format, i.e. used in Modbus ASCII or SRecord.
- ProtocolView: Add a find/replace dialog to the template editor.
- ProtocolView: A new settings dialog with a Lua legacy flag let you switch on/off the compatibility with older template code and helps you to adapt your own code to the new telegram access functionality.
- CSV Export: Complete reworked CSV export mechanism in the EventView and in msb_format tool. Both are now able to generate the same CSV output.
- EventView: The list of selected export items in the EventView is now stored between sessions.
- Command Line API: Additional format specifiers in the msb_format tool let you output some missing information like the line alteration or time distance between events. Also new: Consideration of individual signal names.
- Command Line API: Supports synchronous recordings with two and more analyzers.
- Minor bug fixes.
8 October 2014
A completely redesigned and rewritten Protocol View. Equipped with a Lua script engine the Protocol View is now able to parse almost all thinkable protocols. A new box model combined with Lua allows the user to format and summarize the telegram output in an extremely wide range.
The new Protocol View comes with predefined templates for Modbus ASCII, Modbus RTU, Profibus and others. More are in preparation.
- Command Line API: The settings for the auxiliary digital IO1/2 and the bus wiring (only MSB-RS485) were not transmitted to the connected analyzer - fixed.
- Command Line API: The AUXIO2 parameter in the config file wasn't read correctly - solved!
- Command Line API: Add missing support for the new AUX IO 'Input with pull-up'.
- Command Line API: Correct the wrong default format specifier in the config file which caused an 'I' output instead of the wanted info line.
- Event View: The exported columns and the export file in the export dialog are now stored between sessions.
9 August 2014
- Command Line API: Fix not working output format value in config file (FORMAT=format-specifer).
- Command Line API: Analyzer serial number value SERIALNO wasn't used - fixed!
- Command Line API: Output file value in config file was ignored. This is solved!
23 July 2014
- Uniform short-keys to close dialogs and programs (views).
- Fix not working or only after click into a dialog working ESC and F1 (help) keys.
- Direct access of the region view from within the control program (view menu).
- The progress gauge wasn't updated correctly during a search in the event view finder dialog - fixed.
- The debug output window short key (ProtocolView) was intercepted by certain Linux window manager. Solved with a new and unused key combination.
- The shown marker distance in the EventView wasn't updated after an external synchronisation - solved.
- Fix horizontal scrollbar range calculation when shrinking a column in an already right shifted window (EventView).
- Fix lost time base in SignalView when starting a new record.
- The amplitude slider in the SignalView didn't react to clicks left and right of the thumb track - fixed.
- The EventView now keeps the last view offset.
- Fix a sometimes wrongly placed ruler label in the SignalView.
- SignalView with an easier to read data byte and error information (both shown on the signal bottom and independent of the amplitude).
- SignalView displays frame ruler now always in the lower quarter to avoid hiding the invalid line state.
- The SignalView now keeps the current signal amplitude.
- Modbus RTU template supports error frames with data payload.
- The protocol template mechanism uses an independent Lua interpreter for every data direction. The till now undocumented shared module let you share variables between both of them.
- The ProtocolView template engine now supports also protocols with telegram start sequences of several bytes (like DNP3).
- Add DNP3 protocol template including CRC16 checksum validation.
- The signal line states before the first event occurs were not always correct. This is solved.
- The horizontal scrollbar in the SignalView wasn't updated when an external synchronize signal arrived - fixed.
- SignalView with a complete new frame test (signal ruler) handling. The new ruler adapts the current protocol settings (baudrate, data bits, parity) automatically but can also modified to any other setup. Additional min/max buttons makes the measurement of the protocol specification limits even easier.
- MSB-RS485 with an additional AUX IO setting (use IO1/2 as input with pull-up).
- SignalView with improved navigation via short-keys (HOME jumps to the first, END to the last event). Also corrected: The mouse wheel behaviour when pressing CTRL, SHIFT, PLUS and MINUS.
- The internal online help PDF viewer doesn't work when started an analyzer project or record via double-click (only windows) - solved!
9 May 2014
Error 'Cannot open memory mapped file' solved!
This error was caused by a modifcated system time during a long record (i.e. automatic time synchronisation). As a result a new view couldn't open anymore.
6 May 2014
- Installer with Windows WHQL certified driver for Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit).
- Improved Modbus ASCII and RTU protocol templates including new record examples.
- Add protocol templates for USS, 3964R and IEC60870-5-101.
14 April 2014
- The Data View sometimes displays an empty view after switching from selection A+B to A or B when running in autoscroll mode. This is fixed!
- Correct wrong display of Data A/B assignment in the control programs bus wire setup dialog (only MSB-RS485).
- Add a new program parameter to the control program which outputs the analyzer detecting details. Useful when the analyzer device isn't found.
- The signal view is now able to use the full width of a double screen solution with two 1920x1200 monitors.
21 February 2014
- Protocol View (Windows version): The vertical and horizontal scrolling worked only via mouse wheel or pulling the thumb bar. This is fixed!
- The protocol templates wasn't always applied to the recorded data after modifying the split(...) function - solved!
- Correct the wrong description of the intval parameter in the Protocol View chapter (micro seconds instead of seconds).
- msb_record used nearly 100% CPU power. This was corrected. The average CPU consumption is now less than 20% and is adaptable via program parameter.
28 January 2014
- Extend the Protocol View event modul with a isbreak() function to support also telegrams starting with a break.
- The program doesn't load project files any longer. The reason was a not longer supported old project file format and is now solved!
- PDF online help wasn't shown when pressing F1 in the Protocol View or clicking the help button in the Protocol View settings dialog - fixed!
15 January 2014
- Fix not shown very first telegram in the Protocol View when using the alter (alter direction) parameter exclusively as a splitting rule.
5 November 2013
- Fix not working alter parameter in the split function of the Protocol View.
2 October 2013
- A new event module offers additional telegram information in the split function (direction, line states, telegram time).
- The key 'm' pressed in the template editor opened the template manager. This is fixed!
- The split intval parameter now considers the telegram source and reflects the distance between two telegrams of the same source.
- Fix wrong EOS character in the EosWithLF template.
- Finish the German translation of the Protocol View chapter.
- In Protocol View: Add missing synchronisation between two parallel running sessions.